RE: Users constantly taking up space

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:57:37 -0500

Personally, I'm a fan of giving them reasonable amounts of storage to begin
with.  The idea is to allow them enough room to work smart without killing
my backup window. Additionally, I don't want them using PST's for anything
other than archival because it makes it harder to control and will
eventually kill my backup window if they expect that data to be backed up.

Sounds like your users are either not getting enough room for the way they
work else not using it smartly.  I would lean towards the first.

What is the user expectation and how much space do you currently give them?
Are they a marketing group that needs to email around 100mb binary files or
??