[ExchangeList] Re: Urgent help needed

  • From: IT Buzz <it_buzz2k7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:01:10 +0100 (BST)

Dear Chris,

Thanks for the support,

I just want , if any other person outside our organisation sends a mail to the new mail id(user1@xxxxxxx ) of user of our organisation, it will receive in the mailbox of that user.

I think it is sufficient to do the below two tasks to get the work done.

  • Create DNS entries for new domain (including new MX records for the new domain
  • Create or edit your recipient policy (or policies) for your employees

Regards
Rishu

Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In general:
-          make sure you own the new domain?
-          create a new UPN Suffix for the new domain in Active Directory Domains and Trusts
-          create DNS entries for new domain (including new MX records for the new domain)
-          create or edit your recipient policy (or policies) for your employees
o        the recipient policy will create the secondary SMTP addresses that you need and/or change the primary address to be the domain that you desire.

Now ? you will have to do some research for each of these steps because your exact goals will determine exactly what needs to be done with each of the steps above.  Once you have completed the steps above, then you will be done?

Chris Wall - MCSE + Messaging
NAM Exchange Administrator
T (919) 460.3236
F (919) 468.4889