[ExchangeList] Re: Urgent help needed

  • From: "Jose Medeiros" <josemedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:38:35 -0800

Greetings Rishu,

All you need to do is add an additional SMTP domain and it will allow the
exchange 2003 server to receive email for both domains.

You will have to also modify your MX records in DNS to point to the new SMTP
gateway server ( Microsoft Calls it a Bridgehead in 5.5 and Front End Server in
2000/2003 ).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721

A good book for EXchange 2003 that explains these concepts is:

Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Unleashed by Rand Morimoto
http://www.bookpool.com/sm/0672328070

Jose