[ExchangeList] Re: Upgrading Exchange 2000 to 2003

  • From: "John T \(lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:26:34 -0700

If you demote it, Exchange 2000 will stop working.

The best was is in the end the server that Exchange 2000 is on (the current
DC) gets wiped.

Setup new server with Exchange 2003. (Not as a DC). Make sure you point all
DNS on this server to the new DC only, do not add the old DC as a DNS server
in the NIC settings.

Move all mailboxes to new server.

Uninstall Exchange 2000

Demote old server.