RE: Upgrade question...

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 15:03:39 -0500

To specifically answer the question, if you look in ESM, right-click on
the server and select properties, then goto the Directory Access tab,
you'll see the servers that Exchange uses.

If you have not changed the default configuration, then Exchange will
autodiscover the new servers.

The autodiscovery process runs each 15 minutes.

If one of the servers fails, it can take Exchange up to 15 minutes to
fail over (documentation says less than that, but that's real world
experience).

For more information, see the Exchange Server 2003 Technical Reference
Guide. It goes over this (and many other things) in great detail.