Upgrade from 5.5 to 2k, I did a mess....

  • From: "Darwin O. Solano" <dar.solano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 00:34:02 -0400

Hi all?

Last Saturday I began an Upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2K for a
client. The server were up to Sp3 on W2K and SP4 on Exchange, everything
was running smooth until I insert the Exchange 2K CD for the upgrade.
The thing was that the upgrade can not be done because the name of the
organization contains invalid characters; the character was an ?&? in
the middle of the name. The message told me that I have to change the
name of the organization thru the Admin console for Exchange 5.5.

I have tried everything to do it, but without success. Can anyone point
me in the correct direction to solve my upgrade.?

Thanks

Darwin O. Solano

Gerente de Ventas y Nuevos Productos

Tel:      (809)372-0033
Cel:      (809)299-1214
Fax:      (809)372-0033 (Favor de llamar antes)
eFax :   (509) 694-1018 (From US and Other countries only)
eMail:    <mailto:soltec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> soltec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             <mailto:dar.solano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
dar.solano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 <http://www.f5.com/> F5 Network , Best on Internet Traffic.
 <http://www.ecora.com/> ECORA , Best on Network Auditing tools.
 <http://www.pandasoftware.es/> PANDA AV , Best on Virus Detection in
the World?.
Tenemos materiales de oficina: Toner, Tintas, papel de Fax, etc.
Llámenos y pregunte?..

GIF image