Unique Users

  • From: "Dan Tanner" <dtanner@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List \(E-mail\)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:33:42 -0400

I have Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2000 Clients.

I have been getting errors on the clients saying that I am out of CAL's.  I
have run the performance monitor on the Exchange for number of users and it
shows that I am at the max number of users.  However, when I go through and
calculate who could be logged in, I am not coming up with the max.  I have
had to restart the exchange server a couple of times in the last few days
because I installed Backup Exec on it and don't know if the restart is
leaving connections open.

Is there any way of seeing who the 45 CAL's that I have are being used by?
I am using the concurrent-users-type licensing for the Exchange server.