Re: Unable to send internal email - recipients not found in database

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:28:42 -0400

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:58:49 +1000, Paul Aitchison
<paul.a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> HI all,
>
> Got a really strange issue happening at one of our client sites.
>
> If you send an email internally, Outlook returns a "These recipients
> were not found in the database or emails are not unique. /O=<client
> name>/OU=First Administrative Group/CN=Recipients/CN-Darren "
>
> This is happening for all internal users. I've tried creating a couple
> of test users and trying to send to them - same error. If I check the
> X400 address of the users it is correct. I'm not sure why Exchange is
> reporting this error when sending to them.
>
> This server is an SBS2000 server with Exchange 2000 SP3 applied.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thoroughly review all of the event logs and find out if anything on
the SBS server has been changed since this started happening. Make a
backup of the system while you are at it.

Also run dcdiag from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/default.asp.

...D