Unable to relay errors

  • From: "Sherry Yochim" <sherry.yochim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 10:20:45 -0700

Some of my clients are getting this error sporadically.  Once they get it
the first time they can resend and the message will go through.

      XXXXXXXXX on 12/2/2003 9:51 AM
assistance, contact your system administrator.
            <exchange1.mccormackbaron.local #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to
relay for XXXXXXXXXXX>

I have the box checked that says to allow all users who authenticate to
relay regardless of the list above on my SMTP Virtual server.

It seems to be happening with the same 5 clients but not all the time.  I
can't find anything helpful on the Knowledge Base.  Can you offer any
suggestions?
Thanks.