[ExchangeList] Re: Unable to change password through Outlook

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:54:28 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------On 3/30/06, Rick Boza
<rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, to see if I am following you, their system is a member of the Samba
> domain, they log in using an ID in the samba domain, then when they open
> Outlook, they are using the built-in authentication in Outlook to use
> another ID that exists in the AD domain?

Yes - as part of an email migration/comapny acquisition from IMAP4 to Exchange.

> There's no pass-through authentication taking place here, using the same ID
> in both domains?

We recommend strong passwords and enforce them in AD, but it is up the
users in the end.  Eventually the SAMBA domain will retire, but that
is months away.

In the meantime, I am working with ChongJa's link:

Granting Change password right to everyone
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=242795

Thanks,

...D