RE: Two mail server with the same mail domain?

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:56:34 +1100

Hi,

Wiser minds may say otherwise but on the face of it I would say you
cannot do it.

I have to ask- why do you wish to do that? It may help if you explain
the reason behind this request or any constraints.

One suggestion would be to set up recipient policies for
"local.mydomain.com" rather than "mydomain.com".  That way, a DNS lookup
for "mydomain.com" will determine that the mail should be sent to the
UNIX server (depending upon how your DNS is set up, of course).  This
may not be what you want though, hence my question- why do you want to
do this?

Or, is it that you wish the staff to be able to send mail out as
"user@xxxxxxxxxxxx".  If so, you may need to remove the recipient policy
and then set up a POP3/SMTP account in Outlook to send mail as that
email address.

Anyway, that is just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Adrian

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is confidential.
If received in error, please contact the sender and delete
all copies of this email. Please note that any use,
dissemination, further distribution or reproduction of this
message in any form is strictly prohibited. Before opening or
using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused
by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of any attached files, our liability
is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
Any representations or opinions expressed in this email are
those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those
of the Capital Transport Services.