Two mail server with the same mail domain?

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:40:44 -0700

Hi!
We use Exchange 2003. In this server we have defined recipient policies
for
domain mydomain.com. The users have aliases in form user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This
Server has no MX record for this domain.

Another mail server based Unix has also the domain mydomain.com and has MX
record for this domain.

Users have the mailboxes on both Server (on Exchange and Unix). If the
users
send mails from Exchange to external domains, there is no problem. The
mails
can be sent external domain. If the users send the mails to internal
domain
(to mydomain.com), Exchange Server check its routing and sends this mails
internal (Exchange) mailboxes.
But we want that Exchange SHOULD NOT check the domain and should send all
mails (from Exchange internal users) to the external Unix mail server.
Is it possible to realize that?
How?
Please don't ask why we want so. That is so.
Any tip?

Best Regards
Bye