Two domains at one site..

  • From: "Tim Jordan" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:26:53 -0900

I have been asked to put two separate domains on the same physical
network.   Both domains will be SBS 2003 and share one ISP connection
which is connected to a Netscreen firewall.

To achieve this I'm going to put two nics in each server and bind nic1
to the private network and then route outgoing packets to nic2 which
will lead to the Internet.  If I do this on each SBS server I'm thinking
I can keep the networks segmented but I'm not sure if name resolution is
going to work across the board....can anyone advise??

For mail how should Exchange be configured to get mail between both
servers when I can port forward 25 to only one server?  Is this just an
MX record and set up relaying?

I guess the same question would go if I wanted to implement OWA on both
servers.

Please feel free to ask questions if this is unclear.

Thanks,
TJ