Re: Topic: How to give remote access to Exchange? Is VPN the solution?

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 16:16:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> Thanks. VPN an option, OWA another one but I have enable RPC/HTTP and
> desperately looking for someone to test out!

Send me the details, I will be glad to help.  I need:

a) the Exchange Server name

b) User name and password (UPN name like their login email address,
perhaps configured like emailaddress@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

c) The secure server name if different than the Exchange Server nme
(likely)

d) If using a self-certified SSL cert, the root cert for your SSL cert

That should be it!

Have you tested it locally and does it work?  If not:  Create an Exchange
profile in Control Panel/Mail, test with Outlook.

Mike Salim