Topic: How to give remote access to Exchange? Is VPN the solution?

  • From: "Nicolas Verhaeghe" <nicolas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:17:25 -0700

I need to give access to some of my remote users to Exchange, not via
POP nor MAPI, but straight through to the Exchange server.

I have a Sonicwal firewall in which I punched a few ports to try to
achieve this goal but it failed.

What would be the best way to achieve this goal? Is it possible to set
up VPN services on the server? I heard that ISA could help achieve this
goal.

The server is not on the DMZ port, by the way and I do not intend to add
it on the DMZ.

Thanks for your help!