To post a new message

  • From: "Abha Oza" <nozaab1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 16:16:45 +0530

Subject : How to configure MS Outlook/MS Exchange Server to ensure that the
emails are always received in Plain Text format by the recipient.

Environment:
Server - Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 (SP4) installed on Windows 2000
Workstation - MS Outlook 2000 installed on Windows 2000 Professional.
Workstation - MS Access 2000 (9.0.2720)

Current MS Outlook Settings:
Tools --> Options, Mail Services tab, 'send in this message format' set up to
'HTML'
Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail message is checked.
Tools --> Options, Mail Services tab, International Options, 'Use this encoding
for outgoing messages' set to 'Western European (ISO)'

Problem:
We have an MS-Access 2000 application which uses MS Outlook Object Library to
send emails alongwith attachments. The emails are getting sent and received in
Rich Text format. As a result the attachment is displayed at the end of the
email requiring the recipient to scroll down to find the attachment. Based on
our findings, if an email is sent/received in Plain Text format, the attachment
appears in a delineated box in MS Outlook.

Therefore, we need help regarding the settings/configuration that is required
in MS Outlook / MS Exchange server to ensure that the emails are always
sent/received in Plain Text format. We have tried the following in order to
achieve this but are unsuccessful.

1. Setting up MS OutLook Tools --> Options, Mail Services Tab --> Send in this
message Format to HTML/Microsoft OutLook Rich Text/Plain text with Use
Microsoft Word to edit e-mail message is checked/unchecked.

2. Changing MIME Types in Exchange Server

We would appreciate any inputs / help in order to resolve this problem.

Thanks,
Abha