The operation failed. An object cannot be found. error!

  • From: "Javier Sola" <jsola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:14:34 -0700

All,

Here is the situation. I restored a few mailboxes from my brick level
backups due to some issues three users had. Now here is my situation. When
the user attempts to open their rules and alerts from their clients
(outlook 2003) the following error is displayed. "The operation failed. An
object cannot be found." This also is affecting the favorites folders
where you would click to read messages waiting for follow up, unread mail,
etc..... I dont know what other features this is affecting considering i
have not yet run into this.

The wierd part about all of this is that the rules and features are all
accessible via OWA and are on the server. This only started happening
after i restored the mailboxes from tape.

What i have done so far after some research is that i found that this
could be related to an offline folder file (.ost) that may not be synched
properly. So what i did was delete the .ost files in my application
data/outlook directories and it recreated them the next time i opened
outlook, it did synch but to no avail did this resolve my problem. Also, I
completely tried going to a new computer and creating a new profile all
together and synching for the first time on that client and yet, no
success.... Has anyone run into this before??! Please let me know! thanks!