The name of the inbox

  • From: "Dennis Johansson" <dennis.johansson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:22:38 -0700

I have a small problem, I need to be able to send an XMLHTTP message via
wedav to an exchange server 2003, with the intention to count the number
of unread emails in the inbox.

Here is the problem: Different users have different names on the inbox,
and the inbox name must be a part of the xmlhttp call url (as it seems).

Is there an internal name or so in exchange server for the inbox that I
can use instead of the name that the users see, so I don´t have to worry
about different names of the inboxes?
I could force everyone to use the same inbox name in this case, but
consider the situation where different users use different languages in
the same exchange server.
Another solution is to use personalization and let the users tell the
system their names of the inboxes as well, but these solutions are
somewhat ugly...