The e-mail address could not be found.

  • From: "Mike Dufoe" <dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Support" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:38:35 -0400

We just went live with our new Win/Exchange 2000 server and I keep getting the
following messages.

  The e-mail address could not be found.  Perhaps the recipient moved to a
different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address.

The email address is part of our Global Address List.  This doesn't happen to
all the uses in the Global Address list, just some.

We had a SBS4.5  before with NT 4 and Exchange 5.5

Is there some setting I have to do on the new Exchange server so when a user
just types in the To...in will recognize the email address?  It recognizes the
name but not the email address and it's driving me nuts on where or how do I
fix this.

Thanks.

Mike Dufoe
System Administrator
ETI Canada Inc.
350 Dupont Road
North Bay, ON
P1B 8K2
705-472-1300 ext.346
dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ó¿Õ Who's Watching Your Network? Ó¿Õ

protected from use or disclosure by law. Any distribution, unauthorized
use or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error please notify the sender and delete the email.