RE: System attendant mailbox

  • From: "Carl Webster" <carl8822@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 05:00:03 -0500

Why would you want to do that?  From
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821829

The Move Mailbox feature in Exchange Server 2003 helps to prevent the
accidental movement of system mailboxes. If you try to move the System
Attendant mailbox, you receive the following error message:

Not available for exchangeAdminService objects

If you try to move a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) mailbox, you
receive the following error message:

Not available for mailGateway objects

If you try to move a system mailbox, you receive the following error
message:

This is a System Mailbox and it cannot be moved

Webster