Re: Store.exe and memory

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:19:48 -0400

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:20:40 -0600, Simon Bound
<simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> I have a new SBS 2K3 Dell PE server with 1 gb RAM, running F&P services
> and Exchange 2003 - fully patched.

Exchange SP1 installed? Do you have any AV software installed?

> Exchange Store.exe hangs up and latterly produces the event id: 9582. I've
> trawled the web and 9582 is mentioned a lot !

Has this happened since day one? If not, what has changed software
and/or hardware wise - around the time you started to see this?

ANY other errors in the event log, even if they do not appear to be related?

Have you run and Dell hardware diagnostics software?

How much free space is on all of the HD's, partitions, etc.?

> I have come to the conclusion that I don't need the 3/gb switch (with only 1gb
> RAM - I've tried it with and without the switch).

Revert back to the default without the 3GB switch. You do not need it
with 1GB of ram and 10 users.

How big is your mailstore and public store?

> When I monitor Store.exe the Mem usage climbs everytime someone uses
> Outlook or OWA or Veritas 9.1 backs up etc but the resource is NEVER
> released - the word is that other resources will grap the ram back if
> needed, but of course Mem usage in Store.exe just keeps growing. 9582
> errors have apprently been almost eliminated in E2K3.

What are the next top 10 list of memory eaters on the server?

> from firing me.....There's something in the back of my head that's saying
> it is an intrinsic issue with the Dell 2660 and SBS 2003 but I am as yet
> unwilling to go the MS and part with money to address the problem.

If my suggestions and others do not help, it would be well worth the
$300 call to Microsoft Product Support Services and get it resolved.
Unless you work for free, the time you are spending fighting with it,
probably is costing the company a lot more.

..D