Store.exe and memory

  • From: "Simon Bound" <simon.bound@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:20:40 -0600

I have a new SBS 2K3 Dell PE server with 1 gb RAM, running F&P services
and Exchange 2003 - fully patched. Exchange Store.exe hangs up and
latterly produces the event id: 9582. I've trawled the web and 9582 is
mentioned a lot ! I have come to the conclusion that I don't need the 3/gb
switch (with only 1gb RAM - I've tried it with and without the switch).
When I monitor Store.exe the Mem usage climbs everytime someone uses
Outlook or OWA or Veritas 9.1 backs up etc but the resource is NEVER
released - the word is that other resources will grap the ram back if
needed, but of course Mem usage in Store.exe just keeps growing. 9582
errors have apprently been almost eliminated in E2K3. This server is doing
sod all really (10 users) other than E2K3 and it's starting to do my head
in. Has anyone any pointers before I revert to using VPOP3 to keep the MB
from firing me.....There's something in the back of my head that's saying
it is an intrinsic issue with the Dell 2660 and SBS 2003 but I am as yet
unwilling to go the MS and part with money to address the problem.

Simon