RE: Store.exe and DNS With Multiple Network Cards

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:51:45 -0700

> 1.  Store.exe still seems to have a memory leak.  I found a patch for this
problem, but it hasn't seemed to help.  Over time it continue to gobble up
more memory.

Known Exchange "feature". It will use as much memory over time as it can,
releasing memory as needed by other apps.

> 2.  Having a problem with my DNS settings.  I was trying to set it up so
that the internal card was configured as the DNS server which is then
pointed out to a public DNS server through our ISP.  Then using IPSec I
blocked all incoming traffic except port 25 and 80 on the other card mapped
to an external ip .  This affected some clients because they were trying to
access the server through the card that I blocked.  Realizing this,  I
changed my DNS settings so that it would only listen on the card that I
specified.  The problem is that when I do that, DNS stops working
completely.  (i.e. it fails when I test)  What am I missing here?  How can I
get my local client machines to access DNS through the specific card, still
have DNS run, and be able to block the card mapped to the outside?

Since you are using SBS 2000, are you using ISA or are you familiar with it?

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
www.eservicesforyou.com