re: Stop the Relay?

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 13:21:07 -0400

can someone test this again for relay? [216.73.56.101]
can someone telnet in (port 25), and actually relay through this server
and try recieving the end mail?
I'm getting mixed results.
It "appears" this server is open, but no messages are being relayed
(except valid ones to/from our domain)
can somebody test our secondary SMTP Server as well? [216.73.56.14]
here's another thing I don't quite understand.
of our 2 smtp servers, I get mixed results trying to relay, neither
sends the relay, but only one (the secondary) sends the refusal to relay
during the telnet session.
Can someone take a look?
Also, these are not exchange servers, just 2K, IIS5 setup to be in the
DMZ handling our inbound/outbound traffic. Both have GFI Security & GFI
Essentials loaded...

Doug Stelley
Network Admin.
Olean General Hospital
(716)375-7320

Field tested: Manufacturing doesn't have a test system.

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.