Some questions on MMIS in Ex2k and Titanium Beta 2

  • From: "ONG Liang Bu (CSC)" <lbong@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:39:09 +0800

Hi,

We are two part of a campus here in Singapore.  One part already on Ex2k for 2
yrs.  The other part which is my part just
migrate to Ex2k a couple of weeks back.

Now my counterpart has agreed to be Microsoft field study for the new Titanium
so they are upgrading to .Net and Titanium.
There are plan on both parts to setup MMIS - Microsoft Mobile Information
Server, this is to make use of GPRS network that is
available now in Singapore.  We are in the process of setting up MMIS, I was
alerted by my counterpart that MMIS now
is built-in into Titanium.  According to what I heard (not sure abt this) it is
just like another OWA.

Question now is should I setup a MMIS server that runs in Ex2k or wait until
the other part go to Titanium (We share the
same Exchange Organization), then just make use of the MMIS feature in
Titanium.  This is to avoid a waste of effort in
building something that may go obsolete.

Has anyone play with Titanium so far?  Appreciate any comments.

Thanks
Ong LB
Exchange Admin
National Institute of Education
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore

This communication (including any attachment) is meant only for the
recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential or legally privileged
information. If you are not an intended recipient, this communication has been
sent to you in error and you must delete all copies of this communication from
your computer system and notify the sender immediately by reply email.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, retention, copying
or reliance on this communication is prohibited and may attract civil and/or
criminal penalties. Thank you.