Some Advice Please

  • From: "Rich Gallo" <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 12:39:52 -0500

We recently got a Barracuda Box (which is great by the way), and are using it
as our SMTP smart host relay for incoming and outgoing mail from and to the
outside world, respectively.  We are getting hit with a HUGE amount of messages
that are just empty (no TO:, no SUBJECT:, no FROM:, nothing)  To give you an
idea of just how many we are getting, we have 250 users and since I set up the
new spam box last night (15 hours ago), we have received over 80,000 messages!
Most of which were blocked…  My question is – Is this some sort of continued
attack our domain is under?  If so, what steps can I take to help fix, or slow
down, this problem?

ANY Advice at all would be greatly appreciated as this stuff is killing us!!!