RE: SoBig.F virus...

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:57:43 +0930

Hi Chris,

Nothing you do can stop it hitting your exchange box, except if you are
using a delivery gateway. A delivery gateway might be something like a
viruswall or ISA box. Depending on what (if any) this gateway is there
may be options to stop/remove the virus there.

If your exchange box is external facing (ie. receives directly from the
net) you can't stop some mail from being delivered to exchange. If
you're worried about it you could investigate putting a server-side rule
in the users inbox to auto-delete an infected message.

Jamie.