RE: Slow Outbound Message

  • From: "Brian Parker" <bparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:48:45 -0000

Do you have tracking enabled ? Maybe you can see something there which
may show what is going on. Are you using a smart host ? Have you tried
using one ? We use EXIM gateways for all external mail and by and large
works a treat.

If you really cannot find out what is going on, you may have to jack up
the logging on your server to see if you can "track" the progress of a
message through the various components. You basically need to identify
the bottleneck and sort the problem and this might be the only way of
doing it.

Regards

Brian Parker
Senior Computing Officer