Re: Slow Exchange performance and the 3gb switch

  • From: <paul_lemonidis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:51:59 -0000

Hi Duggy

How many and what type of processors has it got please? I would also put at
least another GB of RAM in it too. You are asking a lot of the machine
unless it has a very good hardware platform especially it is also doing file
and print and is the FSMO for your AD Forest. Moving the roles and the GC
function to another machine may also help but without knowing more about
your network I cannot guarantee that. Chances are it will though. The only
thing I would say is do not demote it from being a DC. I was explicitly
warned not too by Microsoft PSS in connection with an incident I once worked
on.

The \3GB switch will help.

Hope that helps?

Regards,