Slimmer Protocol for Exchange

  • From: "Bhagwan" <bhugs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 02:30:01 -0700

My organisation is in the process of migrating from MS-Exchange 5.5 to
Exchange 2000.
We have been using NetBios as our protocol for MS-Exchange. We have a
central server catering to remote sites (across WAN) connecting to the
Exchange Server. Since NetBios is a non-routable protocol, also it has a
lot of broadcasts, we are facing lot of congestion on our WAN links.

Please guide us as to whether we can change the protocol and opt to some
other, and what kind of effect will it have versus NetBios.