RE: Site Replication Services

  • From: "Shevill, Mark M SITI-ITDCE22" <Mark.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:34:47 +0100

Tariq
    Question 1: You don't need SRS the site is native so there is no need to
have the service running
    Question 2: You will need to keep the ADC so that the info from the
Boston Site can be visible in the 5.5 GAL. and vice versa.
    Question 3: Ensure question 2 is correct. Also via LDP (Adsi Edit) the
showInAddressBook is completed correctly and the relevant entries are set
correctly. Also ensure legacyExchangeDN is configured correctly and that the
CN is equal to the mailnickname and CN of the legacyExchangeDN
    Question 4: Keep the SRS running wherever you have a mixed mode site.
    Question 5: I have no good links or Docs. (Sorry Perhaps someone else
could assist with this)
    Question 6: You can apply SP3 without having to install SP2. They are
cumlative. Ensure to test thoroughly though as SP3 has increased E2K
security and it could screw your routing.

Mark Shevill
IMG Messaging Technical Lead

Tel: +44 161 935 7152 Fax: +44 207934 1630
Email: Mark.M.Shevill@xxxxxxxxx