RE: Shrinking Mail Store

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:15:58 +0930

Hi Aber,

As long as theres enough free space in the DBs then they won't grow at
all. Probably best to leave them alone unless the 16gig limit is a
problem already. Instead try to clean out what already there. Best tools
would be to either set and enforce limits on mailboxes or use exmerge to
dump certain types of items manually, eg. Old/joke files/big
files/ex-employees etc.

An event should be written to the app log each night telling you how
much free space is available in the DB.

Jamie.