[ExchangeList] Re: Sharing SMTP namespace

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:25:02 -0700

Dude, you have a serious problem, so ignore looking at log trends right
now, your routing is the very least of your worries.  You host 185
seperate domains!!!!!! and don't have access to your Unix boxes?????
Someone who quit or was terminated DOES have access?????  Probably not
just Unix, that user I'm sure has access to a domain admin account as
well.

Number 1, buy some kneepads, cuz your gonna be on your knees begging for
your customer's forgivness.  Then, using whatever means needed, get back
controller of your network, (go as far as hiring a hacker to get it back
for you if needed) once you have control secure it properly.  That
includes hiring a consultant to hack your network and show you where all
the backdoors are, and believe me they are there!!  Password changes
policies, when an Admin leaves all accounts that have power get their
passwords changed within a short period of time, we go 30 minutes.

Now that you have your network back take a look at the logs and hope to
continue getting a paycheck.

George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.