[ExchangeList] Re: Sharing SMTP namespace

  • From: Frank <fhardwic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:16:58 -0800 (PST)

Excellent!

I think that is the mouse trap I was looking for.

Thanks a millions everyone.

Simon Butler <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The messages will queue and Exchange will try to send them.
Once you "fix" the problem (that you caused) Exchange will then deliver the messages again. It may take a few minutes before Exchange notices that the problem has been resolved, but it will send them on eventually.
I wouldn't leave it broken for too long, just in case something comes in. If the message flow is high enough then it shouldn't take very long to spot the accounts. As you move them simply repeat the process over a number of days until the queue is clear for a couple of hours. Anything left then shouldn't really matter.

Simon.