[ExchangeList] Sharing SMTP namespace

  • From: Frank <fhardwic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, fhardwic@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 19:04:48 -0800 (PST)

Our enterprise hosts 185 SMTP domains, including a few that that belong to companies acquired over the past couple of years.  We've implemented the SMTP domain namespace sharing as referenced in this kb article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721 with good success.  My challenge is, now that we are folding these all into one centralized cluster, I need to be able to see what mail is still be routed out through the SMTP connectors to the legacy sendmail servers.  The sendmail admins are no longer with the company, so looking at those logs will be dificult at best.  I need to be able to see, on the Exchange 2000/2003 side, what emails are being routed to those downstream hosts.

Suggestions?
Frank Hardwick
Enterprise Messaging

http://mail.yahoo.com