RE: Service pack 3 for Windows 2000

  • From: Andrea Coppini <AndreaCoppini@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:16:08 +0200

Why is your Information store compressed?

I'm not sure, but I think your problem is not SP related, it's memory
related.  Since your information store is compressed (NTFS compression is
enabled), Windows is trying to decompress it when you start Exchange.  This
is done by decompressing it to memory, so you need as much memory as the
original, uncompressed size of the information store.

Decompress your ExchSrvr folder, and you can keep the SP.

Regards
Andy