RE: Sent and Deleted Items Folders

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:20:26 -0300

    Hello Juan.

    You did the right thing ran offline defrag.

    Well, you can check a couple of things.

    Check if "Deleted item retention time (days) is enabled, if so, how many
days. To do it, go to Site, Server, click on Private Information Store
properties. You have to wait (the days which is check there + at least one
day more) to run another offline defrag after you have deleted a large
amount of mailboxes.

    Also, may be it seems you have deleted 20Gb, because you know, the size
inside priv.edb is actually different what is shows. Take a look at on line
defragmentation which occurs at night to see how is the real priv.edb size.
Look for the event 1221 source MSExchangeIS Private (be sure you are seeing
a source from MSExchangeIS Private, not Public) in application Log. The
event is "The database has XXX megabytes of free space after online
defragmentation has terminated." In this Event you will be sure how much
free space your database rooms.

        Regards,

        Dêniz Feital

        GIC - Chiptek / Vésper