Sending email instantly

  • From: Ryan Sabir <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: [ExchangeList] <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:01:47 +1100

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Exchange, just trying a few things out...

I want emails to be delivered instantly, i.e. when a user hits send
in Outlook, for that email to go to the recipient straight away.

I've set up Exchange out of the box, along with SBS, and am trying to
find out where to set that. I'm looking in:

Server Management
  Advanced management
    Exchange Server
      Connectors
        SmallBusiness SMTP Connector

But the only option I can see under 'Delivery Options' is to run every
1 hour. This is working in itself, i.e. I send an email, and up to 1
hour later I get it, but how to I make this delivery instantaneous?

I've got Charlie Russel's SBS 2003 book, but can't see the answer
there either...

thanks, bye!

Ryan Sabir
Newgency Pty Ltd