Re: Scheduling NTBackup to mapped drive

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:37:06 -0700

> always want to leave a user logged on, as Microsoft
> says, never leave your system vulnerable due to an
> unlocked system. Easist Admin mistake there is.

Some thing is really wrong here. In all the reading I have done, best
practice documentation I have read, IT personal I have talked to, Microsoft
seminars I have attended, Microsoft classes I have taken, Microsoft tests I
have taken, Microsoft Security team members I have talked to, never has it
been said that an easy admin mistake is to not have a computer logged on.
Just the opposite, only be logged on when needed.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You