Re: Scheduling NTBackup to mapped drive

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:52:01 -0400

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 09:50:17 +0100, Duke <duke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> Morning, Afternoon, Evenin All.

Good morning, Duke and all.

> Has Danny's original question been answered?

I am not sure, as I have had several different responses. My goal is
to not have anyone logged in, and two backup jobs to run in the
background. Both jobs will save the backup to a remote Windows 2000
server. Job #1 will backup the Information Store, Job #2 will backup
the System State.

> Forgetting the rhetorics, Danny have you gotten the solution to the problem?

No.

> Locking or logging out depends very much on the environment within which
> you are operating. Here, we mostly lock when running a task and log out
> otherwise. There is no one clear right way.

We do the same. Until some provides written documentation from
Microsoft or a security company technically endorsed by Microsoft, I
will continue to Log off my servers when I am finished my task.

Kind Regards,

...D