Re: Scheduling NTBackup to mapped drive

  • From: "Tony Anderson" <tandersn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 21:10:39 -0700

I agree with this:

> My advise to everyone is to logout of your servers, the only time I lock a
> server is if I am working on it and need to step away for a minute, why
did
> the auditors chew you a new hole for logging out of the server?

Only Administrators can log on to a server locally (at least in my windows
environment). Any of those administrators can unlock a locked server as
well. So who can get on your server if it is logged out vs locked? In my
environment, no one. Plus the servers should be in physically secure areas.

Tony Anderson
UW CSE
Windows Systems Architect