Scheduled hourly backups

  • From: "Michael Bonnice" <whadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:44:37 +1000

Hi all,

Just a query about backing up exchange mailboxes, I currently have a =
batch file running every hour on a Exchange 2000 server which is also my =
DC backing up all users folders - documents ect..

I would also like to backup all users mailboxes every hour but i am not =
sure which way to go about it. The reason why is because our current =
server's service agreement is on a return to base basis. So if something =
goes wrong we are without a server! - not my doing.

So, I have installed a IDE drive along with the RAID array so that these =
hourly backups will be on my IDE which i will pull out and put in =
another machine if i lose the server.

I could backup the mailbox store, but without an exchange server it =
wouldnt be very usefull , Or i could backup the entire MBX directory =
from the M: drive but this can timely.

Note: We do a full tape backup everynight with ARCserv with exchange =
backup agent.

Regards,

Michael