RE: SV: Re: Communication between Outlook <-> Exchange 2000, Which ports to open i firewall ?

  • From: "Christian Kurmann" <ckurmann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:52:43 +0100

Your right Jesper, thanks,

But I ask myself why did they (MS) bother making a setup with variable
Ports in the first place??
There must be some good reason, because I can't believe that I should
have to hack the Registry of a Exchange server just to make it operate
Like I would expect it to.
Well, maybe I'm wrong...
But I must say that I'm quite happy with my VPN setup as is solves some
other problems like Domain authentication on External clients, and being
able to block Pop3 and SMTP to normal client pcs.
Congratulations on finding that article though, because I spent quite
some time looking for something similar too, but must have used the
wrong key words.