[ExchangeList] Re: SSL Certificate in Exchange 2007.

  • From: James Chong <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:37:49 -0500

Yes; your default connectors use self signed cert. You can change the FQDN on your CUSTOM connectors to match your external verisign cert;  but not your default connectors. You  Go ahead and create your self signed certs.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996395(EXCHG.80).aspx

Don’t modify the FQDN value on the default Receive connector named “Default <Server Name>” that is automatically created on Hub Transport servers. If you have multiple Hub Transport servers in your Exchange organization and you change the FQDN value on the “Default <Server Name>” Receive connector, internal mail flow between Hub Transport servers will fail.

James Chong
Sr. Systems Engineer
Simplexity, LLC.

11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300