RE: SRS location and further in Migration

  • From: raj nair <rajnair7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:44:21 -0600

Hi Roger,

SRS is present .That is not my problem.
Should we be seeing the exch 5.5 servers under that.OR it comes only
after you we start deleting the exch 5.5 servers?

As per microsoft doc :

"You can follow the Exchange 5.5 documentation to uninstall servers.
However, after you uninstall the last Exchange 5.5 server from a
mixed-mode topology, the server still appears in Active Directory. To
remove it, you need to delete it from the SRS and replicate the
change. You must use Exchange 5.5 Administrator to delete the
uninstalled server from the SRS.

To install Exchange 5.5 Administrator, use Exchange 2000 Setup, click
Custom, and then click Install for Exchange 5.5 Administrator. Use a
Site Replication Service (SRS) on an Exchange 2000 server on the same
site as the uninstalled server. Delete the entry for the uninstalled
server from the list of site servers. After it is removed from the
SRS, Active Directory Connector (ADC) replicates the change to Active
Directory. Verify that this change has replicated to Active Directory
before making topology changes."

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Raj