RE: S.O.S. Upgrade to RTM

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:47:03 -0400

Sounds like the proper version was installed then.  You do need to install
the service pack after the reinstall because it's not integrated into the
product.  You can download the service pack from Microsoft's web site.

If you reinstall the new version you bought, and it still won't upgrade
properly from the beta version to the educational version, then I would
suggest contacting Microsoft support to see if they can offer a workaround
for it.  Since you have a valid copy, they should be able to help out.

You should not have to reinstall from the control panel.  You should be able
to install the CD, have the autoplay start the cd or start setup on the root
of the CD and choose the reinstall option.  That should take care of it for
you, with the exception of the service pack which you will need to apply
after the reinstall.  I suggest also: getting a full backup prior to doing
this; upgrading to post sp-3 hotfix rollup at a minimum after the upgrade.

Again, if you still have a problem with the upgrade, I suggest contacting
your local Microsoft support for a workaround to the version checking that
is going on.  I for one would be interested in the workaround that works.

Al