[ExchangeList] SOLUTION Default Mobile Settings...

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:20:17 -0400

Didn't get any replies here, but I found the solution..  If any of you
are interested, the Attribute Name in AD that controls the 'Mobile'
settings in AD is named 'MsExchOmaAdminWirelessEnable'.    After finding
this, a quick google lead me to this KB Article that describes how to
set all user settings (including new user accounts) to disable the
Mobile features.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=830188

Keep in mind, the article sets the default value of 0 to 7 to disable
all mobile permissions.  I am setting the value to 5 so that OMA still
works but user inititiated sync and UptoDate Notifications are disabled
by default.

Hope this helps those of you out there that are also worried about
mobile security on your network!

Regards,
Chris