RE: SMTP Queue-E-mail stucks on it

  • From: "Hooda, Kuljit Singh" <KSH@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:19:19 +0530

I will explain your point first

1) Type nslookup on command prompt of your exchange server and check
whether your dns server is able to get the request fulfilled from proxy
server .
e.g   nslookup
        set type=mx    (for mail exchanger records)
        yahoo.com

You will see entries of mail exchanger for yahoo if your dns forwarding
is working, otherwise timeout error will appear.

2) If you are not not able to get through the above steps then you may
ask your ISP to provide you an SMTP server address for forwarding your
mails and enter that SMTP address in the properties of your SMTP virtual
server.

Hope I have cleared the things.

Regards

Kuljit