SMTP & POP3 Virtual Server Settings Question

  • From: "Keith Duemling" <kduemling@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:32:50 -0500

/forestprep /removeHello Everyone,

Hopefully a quick questions for someone more experienced with Exchange 2k to
help me with.  Thanks in advance.

We have a Windows 2000 Server SP3 box running Exchange Server 2000 SP1 (not
my choice to keep it at SP1 for now) and about 50 clients internally
accessing it.  Made some changes a couple days ago to allow an email blast
machine to relay through the server to the outside.  Returned today to make
another small change and everything in the protocols folder of the Exchange
System Manager (specifically SMTP & POP3) settings were gone.  Prior to
rebuilding all the info, I restarted the box and everything appeared and
worked as normal.

Anyone have an idea what would cause this to happen, and if there is a fix
for it.  I think a migration up to SP2 or 3 might solve the problem, but I'm
not sure.

Thanks.

Keith Duemling
kduemling@xxxxxxx