SMTP Connectors

  • From: "Steven Barnard" <SBarnard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] \(E-mail\)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:03:33 +1100

Hi,

We currently installing Exchange 2003, into a Native AD 2000/Native
Exchange 2000 environment
and have two questions.

        1/      When Exchange 2003 uses the SMTP connector, only one
instance appears in the queue
                when sending to multiple domains, but in Exchange 2000
multiple instances appear for
                each domain, it this normal?

                If not, what can I check/do to correct the problem.

        2/      Should Exchange 2003 route external emails thru the
existing Exchange 2000 servers,
                the Exchange 2000 servers do currently send to the
internet? or do I need to setup
                connectors to do this?

Thanks in advance

Steven Barnard           Infrastructure Administrator
email: sbarnard@xxxxxxxxxx        web: www.bcs.org.au
Baptist Community Services      Epping, Sydney NSW
Phone: (02) 9023 2603     Fax: (02) 9023 2502

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are
those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of
Baptist Community Services. 1